Today I’m celebrating the day with my best friend of 30+ years. What a gift!
1. Bluegrass musicians from….New Jersey? That’s not the only amazing thing about The Sleepy Man Banjo Boys…have a look.
2. Praise for a job well done. Have you thanked your “Lunch Lady”?
3. Matisse never let old age, sickness or infirmity stop him from producing art. Check out his “drawing with scissors” technique here.
4. This man’s gift has saved the lives of 2 million babies.
5. Cat does what cats do best….watch here…
On a recent trip to Toronto, I met my arty friend Helen to see the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) exhibit “From the Forest to the Sea: Emily Carr in British Columbia”. Continue reading
“We think too little of people who through their labor make the world,
happier in small but meaningful ways.”
I have to say that life recently has been full and wide. There’s been a lot of stress, some good, some bad and some I’ve manufactured for myself (damn that inner critic!) However, I’ve come to the realization that our lives are better when we have stress—the bad kind of stress is an opportunity for learning, the good stress pushes you to realize goals. The self manufactured kind is relieved when we speak kindly to ourselves then get busy and drown out that pesky inner critic.
During this time, I’ve come to appreciate those who use their gifts, i.e. talents, to inspire us. It’s not only those who do BIG things, it’s all of us who do things well, even the little things. Just like “The Lunch Ladies” in the video featured, we recognize the extraordinary in the ordinary. Hopefully we take the time to recognize it in ourselves.
So please join me as L’Inspired Living explores the theme “What Have You Done with Your Gifts?”