I’m halfway through the WordPress Blogging 101 course and I’m happy to say it has been a worthwhile experience. The course is well designed with the right amount of challenge for where I am now as a blogger.
This week, we were encouraged to “Meet the Neighbours” (aka fellow bloggers); to “Be a Good Neighbour” by commenting on other blogs and to “Get Inspired by the Neighbours”. Dear Reader, since here at L’Inspired Living I’m always on the outlook for positive and creative t’ings to share with you, these assignments have been especially rewarding.
Before I get to the list of blogs I’ve added to my Reader, I’d like to share with you what attracted me to these particular blogs and convinced me to stick around. These traits are shared by all these bloggers:
1. I like their writing style and their posts make me think, or smile, or both.
2. They are not overly commercial, if at all. Not that I mind someone making a living from blogging, but I don’t want to be “hit over the head”, if you know what I mean.
3. They share freely of their time and talent.
4. They strike a “balance” in tone, skewed on the bright side of life.
5. They often poke fun at themselves.
6. Through their writing style, they seem like nice people, people I’d like to meet.
So, here they are, in no particular order:
1. Carpe Diem – recent favorite post “Day 68: Turning Your Passion Into Your Calling”
2. Morning Story & Dilbert – recent favorite post “Remember When”
3. Michelle Hanton – recent favorite post “Appreciating the English Language”
4. Walking Woman – recent favorite post “Tattered Cats and Glorious Weeds”
5. Aging Matters – recent favorite post “Arts and Aging: The Masters in Later Life”
Take a few minutes and click on the above links, check out their “About” pages (note: not all have one!) and my recommended posts. Click on some additional posts. Oh, and if you have a minute, leave a constructive comment and make a connection. You’ll be glad you did.