I’ve decided that 2015 is the year I’m going to “get my veggie on”. I can eat this salad for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it’s just that YUMMY!
- 1lb yard long beans (AKA Chinese or Bora Bora beans)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Drizzle of an oil & vinegar based dressing
Note: Veggie amounts are approximate. As an artist, I add ingredients until I like the distribution of colors!
1. Wash and cut beans into 2 1/2” pieces. Steam on stove top until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Plunge cooked beans into an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. Let cool, then drain and dry.
2. Put whole raw carrots through a slicer or spiralizer on a thin setting.
3. Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas and black olives.
4. Mix all ingredients together and drizzle with your favorite oil and vinegar based dressing. Let marinate in the fridge for an hour before serving.
NOTE: You can serve this salad as a side dish or turn it into a main course by adding your favorite cheese and/or walnuts and/or bulgur. YUMMY!